THIS MONTH’S WINNER:
Terri N, SunLife
Our staff would like to recognize Terri for her outstanding customer service and for her positive attitude over the years while working with Unlock The PPO. Terri is very knowledgeable in the industry and it’s always a pleasure when we get to work with her on an account.
Below, please find our past winners of Rep of the Month Honors
February, 2018 – Janelle H, DenteMax – Janelle always responds quickly and helpfully when working with her and received rave reviews from our team of negotiators. Her knowledge in the ever-changing world of third-party administrators is appreciated by our company.
January, 2018 – Jeannette H, Sun Life – Jeannette has gone above and beyond in assisting us lately with some added requests and is always friendly and responsive. We appreciate that she goes the extra mile when we need it and the dentists she helps us serve are grateful to have strong support services and it reflects very well on Sun Life.
December, 2017 – Judy B, Aetna – Our entire negotiations staff has worked with Judy regularly for several years and we appreciate her knowledge of the industry. She is responsive in working with us trying to find the best options for our dentist clients and is always pleasant to work with.
November, 2017 – Renee S, Guardian – Renee is known for her attention to detail and her follow-through with the many dentists we’ve worked together on. We appreciate her responsiveness and ability to get doctors the requested information promptly.
October, 2017 – Yvonne P, Delta of California – Yvonne is an example of the very best in the industry. She is responsive, always pleasant and chooses to go above and beyond with her help, far beyond what is a typical experience. She is a true customer service gem!
September, 2017 – Dewayne B, GEHA/Connection Dental – Dewayne is very professional and friendly when emailing back and forth and our team appreciates how quick he is in responding.
August, 2017 – Julia R, United Healthcare – Julie is a rep our company has worked with for many years. She has a reliable history, we trust the informations she gives us, she represents her company in a knowlegeable manner and she’s very friendly to work with. Our entire team loves her!
July, 2017 – Melissa B, GEHA/Connection Dental – Melissa responds quickly and is willing to help resolve issues when needed. Happy to help with questions and pleasant for our company to work with.
June, 2017 – Julie S, Humana – Julie is very professional and explains everything in a concise, easy to understand format. She’s nice to work with and is willing to go the extra mile for assisting us and doctors when added help may be needed.
May, 2017 – Lexie R, Ameritas – Lexie is easy to work with and has often stepped into help on accounts that were not even hers. She’s quick in responding and has been instrumental in us presenting Ameritas as an option to our dental clients.
April, 2017 – Judi M, Sun Life – Judi is one of the single most knowledgable and responsive reps in the industry. She responds quickly but also knows her company’s product and represents it exceptionally well. We trust that anything Judi tells us is reliable information. She’s excellent!
March, 2017 – Ashley G, Cigna – Ashley provides all information right away so that we are able to present to doctor’s quickly. Responsive and willing to help, even when extra assistance is needed.
February, 2017 – Hannah H, Careington – Count on Hannah being the first rep to respond and normally on the same day. Accurate inforamtion that we trust to provide to doctors. She is always pleasant and friendly to work with.
January, 2017 – Beth H, Maverest – Beth is very quick in responding and following up with anything needed. We never have to ask for anything twice, she is prompt and reliable.
Each month the staff at Unlock The PPO meets to nominate a single rep for our “Rep of the Month” award. We know that the insurance company reps are bombarded with contracting requests. It is our goal, as a company, to be straightforward and easy to work with and we have several internal guidelines required of all of our staff. For example, we will not ever share fee schedules, misrepresent a dentist’s intentions or allow a doctor to submit over-inflated fees for the purposes of negotiations. Because of our long history in the industry, we have had the opportunity to work with many insurance companies repeatedly over the course of many years. There are now a few hundred reps we work with regularly so to narrow our selection down to a single person each month is a sign of the professionalism the nominee must have represented to multiple members of our staff, usually on several occasions.
There is one specific criteria that we completely disregard in our nominee, which is fee schedule negotiations. We know that some reps may have some or no ability to negotiate higher fees for our clients and that is not a factor in this recognition. This award has been specifically created to recognize reps for other factors which are a reflection of their service to our company and our dentist clients including:
- We know there is a process of varying lengths with each insurance company but the rep is someone who responds promptly, even if it’s just to say they are working on a request so that we have a time frame to report back to the dentist.
- Representation of their product. If a doctor has a specific, detailed question that requires added information from a rep, the rep answers accurately or asks us to wait until they can obtain the correct answer.
- General problem solving when something doesn’t go right on the carrier’s end. On the occasion a mistake is made, such as an incorrect fee schedule being loaded or an incorrect effective date, the rep works directly to get it corrected. This quality plays a very large part in our larger recommendation of an insurance company for potential participation for a dentist. Regardless of fee schedules, if a company does not have reps that can support their product, we are far less likely to recommend the network.
- Attention to detail and proving information that is the same to both us and the dentist to ensure consistent communication.
- The ability to problem solve, step back and have a discussion about a situation and assist us in looking for solutions rather than creating a cut and paste answer that indicates an unwillingness to spend time on situations that may fall outside typical parameters.