THIS MONTH’S WINNER:
Yvonne P, Delta of California
Each month the staff at Unlock The PPO meets to nominate a single rep for our “Rep of the Month” award. We know that the insurance company reps are bombarded with contracting requests. It is our goal, as a company, to be straightforward and easy to work with and we have several internal guidelines required of all of our staff. For example, we will not ever share fee schedules, misrepresent a dentist’s intentions or allow a doctor to submit over-inflated fees for the purposes of negotiations. Because of our long history in the industry, we have had the opportunity to work with many insurance companies repeatedly over the course of many years. There are now a few hundred reps we work with regularly so to narrow our selection down to a single person each month is a sign of the professionalism the nominee must have represented to multiple members of our staff, usually on several occasions.
There is one specific criteria that we completely disregard in our nominee, which is fee schedule negotiations. We know that some reps may have some or no ability to negotiate higher fees for our clients and that is not a factor in this recognition. This award has been specifically created to recognize reps for other factors which are a reflection of their service to our company and our dentist clients including:
- We know there is a process of varying lengths with each insurance company but the rep is someone who responds promptly, even if it’s just to say they are working on a request so that we have a time frame to report back to the dentist.
- Representation of their product. If a doctor has a specific, detailed question that requires added information from a rep, the rep answers accurately or asks us to wait until they can obtain the correct answer.
- General problem solving when something doesn’t go right on the carrier’s end. On the occasion a mistake is made, such as an incorrect fee schedule being loaded or an incorrect effective date, the rep works directly to get it corrected. This quality plays a very large part in our larger recommendation of an insurance company for potential participation for a dentist. Regardless of fee schedules, if a company does not have reps that can support their product, we are far less likely to recommend the network.
- Attention to detail and proving information that is the same to both us and the dentist to ensure consistent communication.
- The ability to problem solve, step back and have a discussion about a situation and assist us in looking for solutions rather than creating a cut and paste answer that indicates an unwillingness to spend time on situations that may fall outside typical parameters.
Below, please find our past winners of Rep of the Month Honors
September, 2017 Dewayne B, GEHA/Connection Dental
August, 2017 Julia R, United Healthcare
July, 2017 Melissa B, GEHA/Connection Dental
June, 2017 Julie S, Humana
May, 2017 Lexie R, Ameritas
April, 2017 Judi M, Sun Life
March, 2017 Ashley G, Cigna
February, 2017 Hannah H, Careington
January, 2017 Beth H, Maverest